Tahoe Valley School has been a beehive of energy and improvements over the summer months. Everyone has worked together to get the school ready for our students and families. We have brainstormed, created new programs, and are getting all of the pieces into place. When you walk into the school you will see the hard work and dedication of our staff and maintenance workers. Mr. Glen and Mr. Gilberto have painted, cleaned, fancied-up, and worked their magic once again for all of you. Some of the key improvements and changes set for this year are:
- Adding General Music and Instrumental Music to our curriculum. All students will learn about music, theory, rhythm, and how to play in concert with others. We are busy purchasing the curriculum and instruments. Miss Little is shaking with excitement at getting her dream in place. The students will be showing off their new instrumental playing during the concerts this year. Miss Little will teach the students twice each week. Once for choral and once for instrumental music.
First Grade - Boomwhackers
Second Grade - Handbells
Third Grade - Recorders
Fourth and Fifth Grade – Ukuleles
- We have moved the Library to C21 and it is spouting off new paint and carpeting along with a new design.
- We have a new Performing Arts Center located behind the stage (where the old library was housed). It also has new paint and a whole new look. This is Miss Little’s new classroom and music room.
- A new lending library is located outside of the breezeway between the main building and the Early Learning Center wing. Families can stop by at anytime, pick up a new book to borrow, or leave a book for others to read. This lending library has been made possible through a grant from the Bessie Minor Swift Foundation. This lending library concept can be found throughout the U.S. and we are lucky to have one on our campus. Enjoy the borrowing!!!
- The Tahoe Keys crew installed our new Art/Painting panel on the TK/Kinder playground. Students will be able to paint and show off their creativity during recesses outside in the environment. (Thank you also for installing the Lending Library! You are amazing!!!)
- New paint and carpet in our P.E. room and Ms. Mason’s room!!! And new flooring paint in our bookrooms and PTA storage room.
- We will be getting new cafeteria tables and benches this Fall and will be getting a new washer and dryer installed on campus too.