A new school year is beginning. Beginnings are always exciting yet scary. The students are anxiously anticipating their new class and teacher. Who will be in my class? How will it go this year? What will happen and will I like it? Surprisingly the teachers are probably asking the exact same questions! Each piece of the puzzle (students, parents, and teachers) wondering how it will all fit together. But together it will create a wonderful masterpiece!! Of this I am sure. The school has been scrubbed, painted, cleaned and put back together. I want to thank our maintenance crew and custodial staff for all of their hard work!!! They are the unseen forces that help make our school clean, presentable, and running in tip-top shape. The teachers and staff have already jumped the gun and have been in working getting the classroom environments and curriculum set; well before their actual start date. This shows the dedication and excitement of our wonderful teachers and volunteers. There is a buzz running around the school. An energy that is unstoppable and exciting. This year promises to be the best one yet! Here are a few of the improvements from the summer:
- We have a NEW grass field on our upper playground. We have waited years and it was well worth the wait! Beautiful green grass for the students to run on, play ball and develop their large muscle skills.
- Installed two additional water fountains and bottle fillers throughout the school.
- Finished our Performing Arts storage and prop area.
- Installed new wiring under the stage for our mics and lighting.
- Added additional leveled books and chapter books to our Bookroom.
- Added new bulletin boards to our hallways. Along with many other improvements!
- Nicole Mora will be our new Kindergarten teacher
- Alicia Mason will be our new 4th grade teacher
- Crystal Briggs will be our new READ 180 teacher
- Lauren O’Connor will be our new Speech and Language teacher