We have an exciting new school! Thank you to Steve Morales for overseeing the remodeling of Tahoe Valley; Mr. Glen for painting, doing the work of 20 men, overseeing the installation of our new front sign, and donating multiple hours; Louise Gerrard for donating days and days towards the painting of our school; Jim Grubbs for doing any odd job put his way and wielding a mean drill and putting together furniture; and all of the maintenance crew at LTUSD for jumping in and helping to ensure our school is ready. Mostly thank you to Dr. Tarwater and the community for the vision, foresight, and funding to get it all accomplished! Every teacher has donated their time and came back early getting their rooms set-up, out of boxes, and materials ready.
New Programs and Additions for 2014-2015:
- Our new Early Childhood Learning Center (ECLC) is getting into gear to open our doors for all of the district Transitional Kindergarteners (TKs).
- We are expanding our before school Kid Zone program to provide afterschool daycare for our TK students. This new addition is called TK Kid Zone and is housed here at Tahoe Valley. For more information and an application for this program please contact the school office
- We have also expanded our Kindergarten classes and are adding an additional classroom at this grade level too.
- We are welcoming our new full-time P.E./Dance teacher. Students will not only be participating in our regular P.E. program but now all students will have the opportunity to participate in dance movement and performing.
- Miss Little is joining our school district full time as both the Instrumental Music Teacher, and also teaching Choral Music here at Tahoe Valley. Every student will be having choral lessons weekly and also performing on stage throughout the year.
- We are adding a Reading Intervention program for grades K-3. This program will help ensure all students are proficient readers at grade level or above.
Tahoe Valley is moving forward with our Visual and Performing Art focus. We truly are becoming the school “Where the ARTS Come Alive!” We can’t wait to open our doors to all of our returning students and new students!! It promises to be a wonderful adventure this year. Oh…by the way, the doors we are opening are new too!