School is out for the summer! The office will officially close on Thursday, June 26, 2014 and reopen for the new school year on Monday, August 4th. Summer hours are: 8:00-4:00 Monday-Friday. If you have a new student who needs to enroll for the next school year, please stop by the office or call for information and an enrollment packet.
We are celebrating our first year together. I want to thank all of our parent volunteers and community volunteers for the endless hours they contributed to our success. There were so many new programs and events this year. It was fun recognizing them and the students who participated.
Highlights from 2013-2014 (this is only a small partial list):
- Spelling Bee—taking 1st place at the District Spelling Bee and all teams finishing in the top county winners
- Ms. Kaelin’s students winning the Humane Society Art Contest (their posters can be seen on BLUEGO buses), and writing an award winning recycling contest and having their scripts filmed for public service announcments
- Disney’s 101 Dalmatians—Tahoe Valley’s Performing Art Group musical
- Sing with Me!--our choral classes for the entire school and performances-NEW
- Drumming—Liz Broscoe came in to teach drumming to grade K-2. Thanks to Lake Tahoe Educational Foundation for funding this eventt.
- Mr. Matteucci’s class attending Sutter’s Fort and enacting historical roles for the public
- PALs—Principal’s Assistants League (4th & 5th grade leadership)-NEW
- Greenhouse—our state of the art greenhouse and outdoor amphitheater-NEW
- Thunderbird Award Assemblies—Recognizing our top students monthly-NEW
- Thunderbird Feathers and mascot—Students earning recognition for outstanding attributes-NEW
- SOAR—Successful Scholar, Outstanding, Attitude, and Respectful (our NEW way of being here at Tahoe Valley)
- Thunderbird Banner—gracing the entrance of our MPR-NEW (Thanks to Mr. Glen’s wife)
- Tahoe Valley Scholarship—Scholarship monies awarded to former Tahoe Valley students-NEW (Thanks to Mr. Glen)
- Buddy Bench—Our outside friendship bench-NEW (Thanks to Mr. Glen, PALs, and staff)
- Sky Dome Planetarium assembly-NEW
- District Track Meet