Our last day of school is official. It will be on Tuesday, June 20th; the rest of our snow days were granted a waiver by the State. We will be continuing our learning and fun right up to the last minute! As we start to wind down the school year, it is always a wonderful time to reflect on our accomplishments and improvements over the past 8 months. This list is not finite but gives you a peek behind the scenes into the “extras” we worked hard to get into place.
- Implemented a new English Language Arts Curriculum-grades K-5.
- Provided weekly performing arts classes for every child TK-5.
- Installed new monitors in the MPR for improved sound during our concerts and musicals.
- Installed new lights and controller for the lighting system on the stage.
- Installed a new wireless digital sound controller for our wireless headphone mic system.
- Installed a new drinking fountain/bottle filling station in the MPR.
- Finished our Tranquil Outdoor Learning Area between the MPR and B-wing and continued to develop our Ethnobotanical Garden next to the Greenhouse. We dedicated these areas also.
- Planted three trees next to our outdoor tables by A-wing and B-wing.
- Planted a beautiful Maple tree and added plants in the front of the school to welcome our families and students.
- Added a sandbox, balance beam and wooden jumping steps to our Kindergarten/TK playground.
- Implemented new reading intervention programs into our academic offerings.
- Started English as a Second Language classes for our Hispanic families during our Cafecitos Meetings.