Our school has seen some wonderful upgrades and program implementations this year. Here are some of the highlights:
- Purchased and installed a stage valance and cyc for use in our performing arts program
- Purchased and installed choral microphones and wireless headphone microphones
- Purchased and installed the beginnings of our stage lighting. This includes stationary and moveable LED lighting.
- Created and added our Thunderbird Theater signage above the stage
- Added our Friday Music Appreciation program where students learn about and enjoy a variety of musical genres
- Planted our front landscaping project by the MPR and created the “Tranquil Area” outside of the MPR as seen from the foyer windows
- Added an additional Reading Intervention teacher/coach. This brings our intervention staff to 3 full time teachers. We also add an additional Instructional Assistant to our staff.
- Increased our school nursing hours. Nurse Morgan has made a huge impact on our students’ health needs and attendance rates
- Increased our lunchtime recycling program
- Redesigned and Increased our parking lot area
- Kindergarten implemented a "Cooking through the Alphabet" program. YUM!
- Get in the Act! Science Theater Workshop provided lessons to grades 1-3 in which students learned scientific concepts through a fun, dramatic arts format.
- Let's Make Music with Carolyn Dolans. A beginning music appreciation class for Kindergarten and First Grades.
- Soroptimist International of Tahoe Sierra supported our performing art program by helping us to purchase microphones, a high school collaborative project with our musical, and to purchase Accelerated Readers books for grades 2-3. ($2500.)
- El Dorado Community Foundation supported our musical with costuming, sets, personnel, and the block wall for our Ethnobotanical garden, and Discovery Streaming for our entire school. ($8000.)
- Lake Tahoe Educational Foundation supported our musical with licensing, costuming, set, the high school collaborative project, microphones, and our TK/K playground project, the TK Building Blocks program expansion, and our Kinder Cooking project. ($7241.)
- Lowe’s Toolbox for Education grant was awarded for our Ethnobotanical Garden and Outdoor Learning Area. ($5000.)
- Tahoe Women’s Community Fund supported our reading program by providing funds to purchase leveled fiction and non-fiction readers for grades K-3. ($3000.)
- Bessie Minor Swift Foundation Grant provided funding for purchasing leveled fiction and non-fiction readers for grades K-3 ($2973.)
- Mr. Matteucci's fourth grade classroom has been awarded NUMEROUS grants from a variety of community organizations to support his Sutter's Fort-Living History program. Congratulations to all!